In a fast-growing and agile work environment, digitalization is reaching its peaks by enabling us to use our resources efficiently and profitably. By automizing some of our processes, we can use the time we gained to develop new business growth strategies and get to know our customers better. By promoting our business and getting closer to our customer’s needs, we can create a better customer journey for our clients.
HubSpot is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform that helps scaling businesses grow better with sales, service, marketing, and content management software. It is one of the leading CRM platforms that offers a complex solution to any business that focuses on customer experience.
HubSpot can be easily integrated with any ERP or proprietary system. It has a well-defined and easy-to-understand structure and helps you get around it by offering pre-defined workflows. HubSpot integrations seek a unified solution by delivering a platform that integrates all the processes in one place, assisting companies not to get lost between several different applications dedicated to serving a single purpose.
Salesforce CRM is a cloud-based customer relationship management system that helps improve the relationship with your customer. HubSpot and Salesforce's integration bridges your marketing and sales databases, allowing activity and information to move seamlessly between the two.
Switching from Salesforce to HubSpot
HubSpot is constantly developing and updating its tools and services for its clients. It offers them constant support in handling the changes in the market and the continuous growth of sales worldwide. In this ever-changing context, companies are also changing the tools they use. When thinking of changing your CRM, have HubSpot under consideration if you want to:
- Increase your speed of operating changes and updates.
- Align sales, marketing, and service teams with the same database (in one system).
- Connect your business-critical tools through HubSpot’s integration and flexible API.
- Allow your teams spend more time on strategic, revenue-driving projects.
- Have the proper training setup for your new employees.
Migrating from Salesforce to HubSpot
Even though migrating from one software to another might be terrifying or intimidating, moving all your data from Salesforce to HubSpot is not so complicated. HubSpot experts ensure that you will have a smooth transition with minimal interruptions to your business, leading to no loss in productivity.
It would be best if you used HubSpot’s Salesforce CRM integration to understand data mapping and transfer to HubSpot. Therefore, the five phases of migrating are (source):
For the migration to happen and be as smooth as it can be, you might consider following the following steps:
Look at your records and analyze them:
- Which data should be moved to HubSpot? (accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities, etc.)
- What should be the new properties in HubSpot? (for your contacts)
- Can these data be exported into .csv and uploaded, or do you need to build a HubSpot API or a 3rd party integrator help?
Analyze your ERP integration:
- Re-define your technical architecture, if possible.
- Connect your critical business applications.
- Use HubSpot’s API library to build your integration if we don’t have what you need.
- Document automation and workflows as they are.
- Re-think, simplify and optimize the design of how these should be set up in HubSpot.
- Re-build automation in HubSpot’s Workflow tool.
- Inventory all active reports in the current tool.
- Define future state reporting needs, consolidating where possible.
- Select out the box reports that meet your needs and modify them if necessary. Build custom reports.
Getting started with the HubSpot-Salesforce integration is easy and requires no technical work – just a straightforward setup process.
In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon in the main navigation bar, then select App Marketplace.
Use the search bar to locate and select the Salesforce integration.
In the upper right, click Install app.
- If you're connecting HubSpot to a Salesforce sandbox, select the Yes, this will connect to a sandbox checkbox.
- Click Log in to Salesforce.
- In the pop-up window, enter your Salesforce credentials and click Log In. After logging in, you'll be redirected back to the installation process in HubSpot.
- Next, install HubSpot in Salesforce. Click Start the Salesforce package installation to begin .
From here, you can integrate HubSpot into your Salesforce account.
Syncing Salesforce accounts to HubSpot
To begin syncing companies and accounts, turn on the Sync Companies setting:
- In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon in the main navigation bar. Under Manage, select Connected apps.
- Click Salesforce, then click the Companies tab.
- Click to toggle the Sync Companies switch on.
After the Sync Companies setting is turned on, any new accounts in Salesforce will automatically be created in HubSpot as companies. Any existing accounts will be synced to HubSpot in two ways:
- When they are manually imported to HubSpot.
- When edits are made to the account in Salesforce, depending on your sync rules and field mappings.
Import Salesforce records
A HubSpot-Salesforce integration helps you import different data from Salesforce, like accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities, tasks, and campaigns, into HubSpot. To do that, follow the next steps:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts .
In the upper right, click Import.
Click Start an import.
- Select Integrations > Salesforce records, then click Next.
Select the Salesforce object you want to import: Everything, Leads, Contacts, Leads & Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities, Tasks, A campaign.
Previous known as Pardot until April 2022, Salesforce Marketing Cloud Engagement is a go-to choice for Salesforce customers looking for a B2B marketing automation tool. Salesforce has owned it since 2013. It enables organizations to track and measure the effectiveness of their marketing communications, gain insight into user behavior, and customize content across campaigns based on user-specified criteria
Key benefits of Pardot
- Sales and marketing are in sync – sales efforts are more aligned with marketing efforts.
- Measure the ROI – all marketing efforts can be measured with customizable reports.
- View success in context with driving revenue.
- Progressively track prospects.
- Track campaigns.
Pardot to HubSpot
If Salesforce is the central hub for all customer interactions, then Pardot is a marketing automation solution that is an add-on to Salesforce’s core platform. This tool is a middleman between unknown visitors (who have been captured and converted to known prospects) and your Salesforce CRM.
Salesforce and Pardot are syncing, thanks to their connector. They exchange multiple data types. While Pardot gives Salesforce new lead information and engagement data, in contrast, Salesforce feeds Pardot with all that the sales teams are doing – whether leads are qualified/disqualified, how opportunities are progressing, and which products or services the prospect purchased.
Pardot does not integrate with any other CRM except Salesforce, while HubSpot has more than 1000 integration options.
Pardot being integrated with Salesforce and in permanent communication with it, the data can easily be migrated to HubSpot.